How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Junior Transport Engineer at Boskalis Offshore Energy. As our Junior Transport Engineer, you are involved from tender till execution phase. You calculate stability, ship motions and draft wet-tow and -mooring calculations of our own assets. Most importantly, you can explain what this all means using your solid communication skills and charisma.
Since Boskalis offers a broad diversity in services, this will have a huge impact on your work and ensures a kick-start of your career. You get the opportunity to work on various international and 'one of a kind' projects which often get media exposure, such as:
- Loading of Carnival Vista on our semi-submersible heavy lift vessel BOKA Vanguard and transporting it to a shipyard facility for a unique dry-docking operation.
- Boskalis’ versatile and specialized fleet required for two exceptional transport and installation projects (Kindcardine floating wind farm).
Your responsibilities as Junior Transport Engineer:
- You anticipate and prepare different scenarios. In order to do so ensuring you have the right information and setting critical questions is essential.
- As soon as the way of working, both technically as well as commercially, has been decided, you will design the chosen scenario in detail.
- You come up with improvement proposals and creative solutions.
- Being a technical generalist, you easily communicate and level with specialists and people in the field about technical solutions and innovations.
You can make your mark as Junior Transport Engineer if you have:
- A Master’s (or Bachelors) degree in a technical discipline such as Maritime Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Mechanical- or Civil Engineering.
- Affinity for everything that floats or can float.
- Strong communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English (and Dutch). You dare to take the lead in complicated conversations.
- Flexible attitude. After all, our business runs day and night. Also open to go abroad for a short period several times a year.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 31 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance.
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment, we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Your team: You are part of a team of 11 Transport Engineers (of which most colleagues are located in Papendrecht), in Offshore Energy’s Global Engineering department. You work together with CAD Engineers, Marine Engineers, Structural Engineers, Superintendents and team-up with a more Senior Transport Engineer colleague. Your clients are all Boskalis Offshore Energy business units, meaning you will rapidly develop your internal network.
- Where you will work: Due to Covid-19 the rule "working from home unless" is the norm. This means you will carry out your work from home, collaborating via Microsoft Teams. As soon as the situation allows, your location will be our campus in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime job: The position of function is a fulltime (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Depending on the job, we will invite you for two or more interviews via Microsoft Teams. If both sides are happy to proceed after interviews, we will make you an offer to join Boskalis. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organization.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Junior Transport Engineer. Please contact Lotte van den Berg, Corporate Recruiter, via email@example.com.
Please apply before August 10th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.